If you want to give some ticket buyers early or exclusive access to purchase tickets not available to the general public, you can add access codes for your events.
(What's the difference between an access code and a promo code?)
This article covers:
- Setting up your price type
- Creating your Access Code
- Sharing and editing you code
- Creating single-use codes
To set this up,
- Navigate to your Event Dashboard (login to Freshtix.com > select "Manage Events" > click on your event name)
- Click on "Edit My Event"
- Select "Online Tickets" from the navigation menu
- Choose your online price types. This can be one of your existing price types or a new price type that you create.
Note: If you only want this price type to only be visible using the access code, click the gear icon for settings and check the box beside "Access Code Use Only?". Don't forget to click "Save".
- Select "Access Codes" from the navigation menu and click "+New Code".
Access codes may only include letters, numbers and underscores (e.g., ABC_123). Codes are not case-sensitive.
- Enter the dates and times for the code to go on-sale and off-sale. The 'Access Code Entry' box will only appear on your event page during this time frame.
- Select the price type that the access code is applicable to. You can select multiple price types by adding them one-by-one.
Tip: If you want to use an access code to give customers a discounted price, create a new price type (see step 4 above in "Getting Started") at that discounted price and make it only available through the access code.
- If you want access code sales for this price type to begin at a time other than the 'Access Code Start Time', specify that in 'Price Type Start Time'. (For example, if you want VIP sales to end before general admission sales, enter that here.)
- After you've entered your code, the start and end times for your code and at least one price type, click "Save".
- Your access code is now created! Customers will now be able to access tickets at the times you entered above.
Sharing and Editing Your Access Code
After your access code is saved, you have options for sharing your code with customers.
Take customers to your event page with the access code already applied.
Create single-use codes or unique event URLs that may only be redeemed once. Here's more information on access code passwords.
Make changes to your access code, price type(s), or sale dates and times.
Duplicate the details of this access code. The access code sale dates/times and all of the price type details will be copied, and you can enter a new code for customers to use.
Remove the access code from your event. There will be no changes to sales that have already taken place, but this will prevent any future use of the access code.