You can add your Google Analytics code to your event page when creating an event or you can add it at the Organization level and it will be added to all of your events automatically.
This will allow you to view analytics and e-commerce information for each of your events when you log in to Google Analytics.
With Google Analytics you can find out:
- How many people are visiting your event page on Freshtix.com
- How are they arriving at your page ?- e.g. did they come from your website or facebook?
- How long are they spending on your page?
- How much did the spend?
You can find your Google Analytics ID in your Google Analytics account (e.g. UA-123456-1).
Adding Google Analytics to Your Organization
You can apply your Google Analytics ID (find it in your Google Analytics account) to one of your events at a time or all of your events at once. If you'd like to apply your code to all of your events, follow these steps:
- Login to Freshtix
- Select "My Organization" from the Navigation menu
- Look for the section called 'Google Analytics ID'
- Scroll to the bottom and select "Save Organization and Continue"
Adding Google Analytics to Your Event
You can add your Google Analytics ID to one of your events by following the steps below. If you have already added your ID to your organization, this will allow you to add a second code just to the selected event.
- Log in to Freshtix
- Click on your event name to view the Event Dashboard
- Select "Edit your event"
- Choose the "Google Analytics" tab
- Enter your ID and click "Save & Exit"
Follow these steps when setting up your Google Analytics account.
- Log in to www.google.com/analytics
- Go to the 'Admin' section of your property
- Select 'E-commerce Settings'
- Set the status to 'On'
- Click 'Submit' to save
- Next, click on 'Goals'
- Click on the red '+New Goal' button
- Under the 'Revenue' heading, select 'Buy Tickets'
- Give the goal a name and then select 'Destination' and then click 'Continue'
- Set the 'Destination' to /purchases/success
- Click 'Save' and you're finished
Below are some links to help you get started using Google Analytics