You can use the Freshtix app to see information on your ticket sales, scan tickets for your event and pull up a list of your customers. Here's more information on how to scan tickets, what the app looks like and ticket scanning reports.
HOW TO SCAN TICKETS
- If you don't already have the app download on your device, go to your app store to download the free Freshtix Mobile ticket scanning app.
- Make sure you're connected to the internet
- Launch our app and sign in
- Select your event and wait for the event to load
- Click 'Launch Scanner'
- If prompted, allow the app access to your camera
- Hold your device over the ticket so the barcode is in the middle of the red line in the center of the green box
- The device will focus automatically and the screen will display a response
WHAT DO TICKET BUYERS RECEIVE?
When a ticket buyer receives their tickets via email, they are given two attachments.
- Mobile Tickets – A QR Code will open and can be scanned directly on phone screen.
- Printable Tickets - PDF version – The Patron will print their ticket and bring it with them to the event
BEST PRACTICES ON-SITE
When using the camera on any mobile device as a barcode scanner, the battery on your device will drain much faster than during normal use.
We recommend you take the following precautions when scanning for more than 2 hours or over 1,000 tickets at an event:
- Make sure all devices are fully charged
- Have extra/spare devices ready to go
- Use an external battery pack as a back-up (we recommend this one)
- During slow periods, switch back to the main screen. Do not leave the camera in a state where it is constantly trying to focus. This is when it uses the most battery life
- Use a long charging cable and leave the device plugged in
For most events, we recommend working under some sort of covering i.e. tent or umbrella
This is not only for your protection, but the equipment as well.
HOW THE APP WORKS
SELECT YOUR EVENT
ONLY SCAN SPECIFIC PRICE TYPES
Scroll to the bottom of the page on the ticket scanning dashboard to see a list of all price types. Click "Edit Scannable Price Types" to select which price types should be scannable with this device. NOTE: this is only for this device and not all devices.
Launch the scanner. Make sure the barcode you're scanning is in the center of the green square. Hold the scanner about 10 (ten) inches away from the ticket or phone you're scanning.
A 'VALID scan' means the ticket is valid and the Patron can enter. This will default to a green scan. You can change the color of the screen under your price type settings.
WARNING - DUPLICATE SCAN
A Yellow warning message indicates a DUPLICATE scan and is a warning indicating the ticket was already scanned less than 30 seconds ago. More than likely this is an error due to the person scanning. Yellow scans are always treated as VALID scans.
A Red warning message is an INVALID scan and indicates the ticket is not valid for the event. The reason why will populate on the screen.
Typical reasons a ticket is invalid
- Wrong Event
- Wrong Date
- Refunded/Voided Ticket
Manual Check-in - Manual check-in displays a list of every attendee by name. Here, you can search for an attendee and check them in on the app.
TICKET SCANNING REPORT
To view a report to show your ticket scan times in 15-minute intervals, visit the Analytics section on your event dashboard.